Brief Historical Summary

In 922 King Ordoño II of León donated Cambra to the Bishop d. Ordoño and Crestuma monastery. According to some scholars, at the time of the founding of the Portuguese monarchy, Macieira de Cambra belonged to the bishopric of Mérida, passing later to the Bishops of Coimbra and in the 14th century became part of the lands of Santa Maria for donation to Jonathan Pereira. In 1510, on 10 February is that d. Manuel I granted a Charter to Macieira de Cambra, the county seat until December 30, 1926. It is likely that it has been granted a Charter in the principle of nationality, more precisely in the reign of King Sancho I, since the Charter of d. Manuel to make references to the Pack of 5 ancient Foral laws. The documents of early municipal registers disappeared during the first French invasion. So the land of Cambra though as donors the Pereiras, constituted a distinct landlord. When the extinction of this family were the lands of Cambra to the House of Infantado. The municipality of Cambra of the modern era was created by Decree of May 16, 1832. the December 10, 1867 was abolished and attached to Oliveira de Azeméis. Being deleted again later, is attached to Oliveira de Azeméis the November 21, 1895. The January 13, 1898 back to be independent until December 31, 1926. By Decree 12,976 was extinguished the municipality of Macieira de Cambra, and was transferred to Headquarters to the place of Gandra of Vila Chã, passing the Municipality and the village the name Vale de Cambra. The parish of Salvador de Rôge belonged to the lands of Macieira de Cambra, who were the presentation of the Priory counts of Feira. Became part of the lands of Santa Maria for donation to Jonathan Pereira (father of the first Earl of the fair) and connects in this way the strain of Cambra to the fair, lineage begun by d. Afonso Annes married d. Urraca Peres. The place de Rôge was of the order of Avis, of monasteries and churches and were there to fossadeira to the Crown being the more honored by dons children and grandchildren of Nuno Peres. Rôge became the District of Sneaks in 1527 and passed successively to the Comarques of Estarreja, Arouca and Oliveira de Azeméis. There is also a written reference to one of the places in the parish-Soutêlo that comes at a medieval document prior to the Foundation of nationality in a donation made in the year of 924. As the Sandiães was an honor that included Soutêlo and rocky trails in places and goods of monastery churches and nobles, especially ``the quintã`` that out of John Cambra and Jonathan Cambra.


June 2, 2018
Romaria de Nossa Senhora do Desterro

The Romaria de Nossa Senhora do Desterro in Function is one of the best known of the County and her flock every year many pilgrims, in payment of pledges. Formerly, this pilgrimage was known as mistress of destiny. Today, celebrated on Pentecost Sunday the feast of the Holy Spirit and, on Monday, the Nossa Senhora do Desterro. Hence, these celebrations are also known as Pilgrimage of Nossa Senhora do Desterro and divine Spirit. Monday of Pentecos Function Fuste

Festas e Romarias

July 5, 2018
Divino Salvador

1st weekend of July - Rôge

Festas e Romarias

July 19, 2018
Santa Helena da Cruz

2nd or 3rd weekend of July - Santa Cruz; Vila Nova; Casal d` Arão

Festas e Romarias


The responsibility of Forest Owners

January 16, 2018

Until 15 March 2018, owners, tenants, usufructuaries or entities who, at any title, to have land adjoining the buildings inserted in rural areas, are obliged to the management of fuel in a width of 50 m, measured from the masonry exterior of the building. See Publication

The Responsibility of Forest Owners

January 16, 2018

1. In the areas hit by forest fires, and to create the conditions of road traffic safety, property owners must remove the materials burned in the fire. 2. The materials must be removed in a minimum range of 25 m to each side of the lane road. The non-compliance of the standards referred to above involves the application of the fines referred to in article 38.º of the Decree-law n. º 124/2006, in its current wording, in the amount of €140 to €5.000. See Publication






Postal Code

* Mandatory Fields






+351 256 484 243


+351 934 698 181


+351 256 404 138


Rua de Santa Isabel N. 573
Moreira - Rôge
3730-379 Vale de Cambra